Sunday 10 June 2012

Young florist scoops Chelsea Flower Show award

 

Young florist scoops Chelsea Flower Show award

A SCENT-SATIONAL young florist from Tetbury has scooped a blooming marvellous award at this year's Chelsea Flower Show.

Her winning design was a Diamond Jubilee-themed chandelier with Phalaenopsis orchids, muscari and hyacinth pips.

"To win one of the top awards at an event like Chelsea is a huge achievement and I'm so proud.

"I was going up against some really talented people so I wasn't that confident before the competition.

"It's an amazing feeling - I can't believe it," she said.

Hannah, who works at Scentiments florists in Tetbury, and is studying a Floristry level three City and Guilds qualification at City of Bath College, said she was very happy to have received the award.

"Then when I found out I'd got a Bronze medal - and that I was only one mark away from the silver - I just couldn't believe it.

Young florist scoops Chelsea Flower Show award



Trade News selected by Local Linkup on 10/06/2012